Whether you are the driver or the passenger, sitting in the car for an extended period can be painful and uncomfortable. Regardless if you are stuck in traffic or you are on a road trip, the best car pillows will help.
With a high-quality pillow, you will enjoy back and neck support. If you are looking for the best car pillows, keep on reading and we’ll let you know the top options worth considering.
Top 7 Picks for the Best Car Pillows by Consumer Reviews
Gone were the days when you have to dread being stuck in the car for hours. To make sure of your comfort, consider the pillows that are included in our list below.
1. Samsonite SA5447 Memory Foam Pillow
The brand name of the pillow is already a good reason to consider this pillow over its competitors. Despite being made by a brand as reliable as Samsonite, you will be happy to know that it is affordable.
In terms of its construction, it is made using 100% pure memory foam. The high-grade foam molds based on the size of your back, so you can be sure that it will conform to your body.
With the memory foam that the pillow uses, it is ideal for all road conditions. Even when you are driving on rough roads, it is great in terms of the shock absorption that it can provide.
The pillow also comes with a plush and comfortable cover. The cover is also removable and machine-washable, making it easy to get rid of dirt and stain.
The adjustable strap is also a good feature. This makes it easy to install in any seat.
- Great lumbar support
- Comes with a cooling gel
- Might easily get flat
- Can easily slip on the seat
2. TravelMate Car Neck Pillow
If you are looking for an affordable car pillow, this is another option that should be on your list. Unlike the pillow from Samsonite above that focuses on lumbar support, this is perfect for those who are looking for neck support.
The neck pillow also comes with a built-in neck strap. This will make it easy to adjust the position of the pillow depending on what is most comfortable for the user.
The manufacturer claims that this pillow is recommended even by chiropractors. With this, you can be assured that it promotes alignment, reduces joint discomfort, and supports the neck, among other benefits.
Plus, you can have peace of mind when you purchase this pillow. If you are not happy within 30 days, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Great for spinal alignment
- Washable cover
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Not hypoallergenic
- Does not fit all seats
3. SENDI Memory Foam Car Pillow
This pillow is known for its versatility. Aside from using it in your car, it is designed in such a way that you can also use it on a plane or whenever you are traveling.
The main material that this pillow uses is breathable memory foam. It is not too soft or too hard. The firmness is just right for most users. Since it is memory foam, the shape conforms based on the pressure applied, so you can expect that it will deliver personalized comfort.
The ergonomic U-shaped design is also a plus for this pillow. It is shaped to fit the curve of your neck and back, so you can expect optimal support with the use of this pillow.
There is a snap-on button closure. However, there are some people who noted that the closure can be frustrating as it can easily snap off. It would have been better if there is an elastic band that makes it easier to attach the pillow to your car seat.
- Compact and lightweight
- Has a soft and breathable cover
- Comes with a storage and carrying bag
- Snaps lack durability
- Can have a foul smell
4. Aukee Car Headrest Pillow
If you want your car to look stylish and elegant, this is another great option for the best car pillows. This takes up the interior a notch higher! Plus, you will also like how it provides the best bang for the buck since it already comes in a pack of two.
The inner material of the pillow is made of space memory foam. This is comfortable because its shape depends on the pressure applied by your neck.
The mesh cow leather cover is another feature that makes it impressive. This is also one of the reasons why it is stylish. This material is also breathable, so you can expect that it will be comfortable. You can remove the cover and it is also machine-washable.
Lastly, we love this pillow because it is multipurpose. Aside from being a car pillow, you can also use it on the plane or when you are in the office, among others.
- Has a genuine leather cover
- Comes in a pack of two
- Not adjustable
- Some people might find the pillow to be too big
5. CHELIYOU Car Market Pillow with Memory Foam
This is one of the most supportive pillows from our recommendations. We love how it is made of high-quality memory foam. Unlike others, the foam in this pillow does not easily shrink, so you can be confident about the highest level of comfort and support from this pillow.
Speaking of its design, we also love how it comes with a protruding design. This helps to keep your head in the center of the pillow.
The Velour fabric cover is also a plus. This is a plush material, so you can be sure that it will be soft and comfortable. The cover also comes with a zipper, making it easy to remove and clean.
It comes with an elastic strap to secure the pillow in its position. However, there are some users who note that the pillow can be prone from slipping, which can be quite frustrating.
- Memory foam retains its shape
- Easy to clean
- Great velour cover
- Strap quality can be better
- May not easily stay in place
6. A&A Creations Car Neck Pillow
If you are looking for an ergonomic cushion that will support your neck when in the car, this pillow does the job. It supports your neck and back to keep you comfortable.
We love how it comes with an adjustable strap with a plastic buckle. This makes it effortless to assemble while also providing an option to adjust it based on the position that you are most comfortable with.
Right out of the box, the pillow is ready to be installed and used. This is unlike others that you still need to wash. It is also a good thing that it does not come with a chemical-like smell when you take it out of its packaging.
Lastly, it is a good thing that the manufacturer guarantees the quality of this pillow. If you are unhappy with its quality, you can return it to the manufacturer within 30 days and you will receive an unconditional refund.
- Has a large surface area
- Comes with an adjustable strap
- Recommended by chiropractors
- Some find it to be too bulky
- Can be easily prone to shifting
7. VIP Luxury Black MemoryForm Car Pillow
This pillow is also made of memory foam, so you will be happy to know that it adapts based on the needs of the users, especially the shape of your head and neck. It comes with an ergonomic design, making sure that your head stays in the middle and that it stays comfortable.
The cover, on the other hand, is made of polyester. This is not as plush as those that are made of velour, but this is good enough especially given its price point.
We also love how it comes with an ergonomic design. The lower part has two protruding ends on the sides to keep your head in the middle.
- Easily stays in place
- Keep your head in the middle
- Can be too firm and bulky for some people
- Can get too warm
How to Choose the Best Car Pillow
With too many car pillows available, making the right choice can be challenging. If you need help narrowing down the possibilities, below are the most important things to consider.
- Support: Consider the level of support that you need. Some pillows are designed to offer lumbar or back support. There are some, however, that are designed to protect the neck.
- Material: The material of the pillow is one thing that can influence the support that it can provide. This will also be crucial for your comfort. The most common material is memory foam, which is popular because it conforms to the shape of the user, allowing it to offer customized comfort. For the cover, on the other hand, plush velour is a common choice, which is known for being breathable.
- Size: The right size will depend on a number of factors. For instance, this will depend on the size of the car’s seat. Your size will also determine the right pillow that will work best for your needs.
- Installation: Car pillows can have different designs, which is why they vary in terms of how you will install them in a car seat. Most pillows have elastic straps or Velcro patches that will make it easy to secure the pillow in its place.
- Ease of Cleaning: To prolong the functional life of the car pillow, care and maintenance are important. With this, look for one that is effortless to clean. Some models are machine-washable while other models are just for spot cleaning.
The best car pillows can be a lifesaver! Especially during long trips or times when you are stuck in traffic, they will support your neck and back. It can promote proper alignment of the spine to help you drive better. Even for passengers, the comfort that thee pillows can provide is unmatched.